Website Manager

Shaler Soccer Club

Fun . Development . Competition . Community

Content

Shaler Soccer Club

February 23, 2020

6pm to 8pm


President [Nick]

  • Vision 2020

    • Consistent Government

      • New Policy - What to do in event of an urgent or emergent situation

    • Engaged Parents

      • Weekly News Letter

      • Weekly Pick Up Games for Youth with food drive begin June

    • Proper Communications

      • Need to put together template commissioner/coach emails for introduction to spring season.

        • Wednesday - to provided team contacts and email templates

    • Focus on Fun & Development

      • U4 Coaches Guide draft available and under review by PDC

      • February Foot Skills - going very smoothly, looking toward Spring Foot Skills/complete moves

    • Programs for All

      • Right Sizing Teams via Divisions 6, 5, 4

    • Community Minded

      • SSC TRUE COLORS - looking for next opportunity, North Hills Community Outreach, Millvale Days Clean Up - Communications to investigate

    • Great Partnerships

      • Looking to form new relationships within the township office (as folks are retiring) as well as school (with AD, boosters) - Target time in March with Exec Board, PDC and invite School coaches and AD

      • Other organizations are looking to partner, how do we wish to proceed? i.e. Swim program is going to have a table of post swim season activities, deck hockey would like to partner, etc.  Possibly School Student Coaches

      • Referee Recruiting - Suggested older kids (u12/14) begin refereeing U8 games and pay $10 per game to get them interested in becoming a referee. Projecting $800 for season.  Julie to oversee.

 

  • Supported Volunteers

    • New Coaches Meeting - Undercliff - est 30 people in attendance, mostly new coaches

    • Coaches Meeting - 2/20

  • Events 

    • 2/27 PA West Meeting for Registrar and Recreational Program Admin

    • 2/29 Leap Year Pick Up Game

    • 3/1 Team Declaration

    • 3/5 PA West Coaches Meeting for all Recreational Coaches

    • 3/28 Easter Egg Hunt 

    • 3/28 Dick's Sporting Goods Day

 

  • Other Motions submitted

    • Approve team building structure for Recreational Program [Motioned Jim, Seconded Jason] (Accepted)

 

Vice President Recreation [Jim]

  • Meeting with Marc Reppermund - Referee Recruiting

  • Coaches Meeting

    • Agenda

    • Draft

    • Age group draft sheets - Kim  -

      • Coaches Draft Sheet - Spaces Player Names, Preferred 1, 2, 3 Practice Nights, Coach & Assistant Coaches

      • Player Ratings - Broken by age group

  • Meeting minute publication as per by-laws

  • Travel Admin [Courtney] :

    • Met with Kim to get better understanding of role

    • Working on gaining access to Sports Connect and Affinity

    • Met with Marc (Ref Scheduling) and gained access to schedule system

    • Looking to get ball boys/girls for riverhounds games - starts at U5-U19

    • Use Riverhounds field as practice Sundays $30-50 for night

  • Fields & Equipment [Jason] :

    • Developmental Program input on field needs for Denny

    • Coaches Bags

    • Inventory

    • Line as we did last spring to accommodate for field wear.  Will need to account for Developmental teams

 

Vice President In- House [Amanda]

  • We have coaches

  • Looking to equipment manager to explore new style/size of U8 goals

  • Commissioner Coordinator [Julie] :

    • Met with Kim and waiting for access to the dashboard

    • New Commissioners need keys

 

Secretary [Heidi]

  • Hogs Head for next meeting

  • Communications [Sam]

    • Millvale Community Day as potential True Colors Event, or Allegheny Parks Clean Up

    • News Letters, sam will reach out asking for content

 

  • Permits [Harold]

    • Confirm which fields are available. Scott, Anderson.  Permits for Township fields are not available until 3/1

    • Lower Anderson, Half of Scott beginning 3/16 Monday/Wednesday/Friday

 

Registrar [Kim]

 

Ordering Developmental Uniforms tomorrow

Looking to order Recreational Uniforms tomorrow, but trying to determine which manufacturer to use

 

Treasurer [Stacie]

  • Transitioned signers over from Tad to Stacie

  • Coach Plaques are in

  • Concessions [Sean]

    • Sean working with Stacie to go over processes

    • Tentatively 3/28 field/concession clean up-

  • Sponsorship [Andy]

    • Fundraising Activities

      • Subway

      • Chic Fil A

      • Chipotle

      • Chuck E Cheese

      • Texas Road House

      • Laser Storm -

      • LumberJaxx -

      • Escape Rooms

      • McDonalds -

      • Sheetz -

      • North Park Skating -

 

New Business

Motion:

  • Easter Egg Budget of $300 [Motion Amanda Second Stacie] Accepted

  • Play Up Motions: [ Motion Jason Second Jim] Accepted

  • Approve Budget of $400 to cover $10 per game for U8 referees spring 2020 season. (Motion Amanda Second Jason] Accepted

  • Approve Budget of $400 to cover New U12 Net and goal clips, Ice Packs & U8 Goalie Gloves [Motion Jason   Second Jim] Accepted

 

 

Next Meeting- March 29, 2020 at 6pm


Contact Us

Shaler Soccer Club

P.O. Box 342 
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15116

Email: [email protected]

Shaler Soccer Club

P.O. Box 342 
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15116

Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2021 Shaler Soccer Club  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Login